All of our renters are required to participate in pre-trip orientation to familiarize yourself with safe operation and trail etiquette. New riders are required to watch a 20-minute safety video. Advanced reservations for sled rentals are highly recommended, as many dates book out early.
1. All snowmobile rental departures and returns are to be confirmed at the time of reservation. All snowmobile rentals depart with a full tank of gas and are to be returned with a full tank of gas.
2. On the day of the rental, everyone participating – including passengers – will need to arrive at Nicatou Outfitters no alter than to fill out paperwork, receive operation instructions, read safety-related materials, watch a brief safety video, select the properly sized helmets and snowmobile apparel, and discuss suggested trail rides. Helmets and trail maps are included in the rental fee.
3. We will guide you out on a private trail to the ITS, point out trail signs for you to reference upon your return, and check with riders to answer any questions.
4. Use caution and operate at safe speeds while on the marked trail. Watch out for moose and other wildlife that may cross your trail. For your safety, we do not permit snowmobiles to be ridden on any frozen lakes unless there is a marked trail.
Driver and Passenger Snowmobile Rental Terms and Conditions
1. All operators of the snowmobile rental need to be at least 18 years of age, have a valid drivers license, and have some type of recreational vehicle operation experience to drive. We do not encourage any passengers under the age of 18 unless they affirm to have extensive riding experience on recreational vehicles. All passengers must remain seated behind the driver, keep feet on rails, and hold on securely to strap or handles. All riders will be required to take a practice loop prior to their departure to demonstrate skills. We reserve the right to refuse rental to operators and/or passengers if we presume it is in your best interest.
2. Our single sleds are for one person only. Our two person sleds are made for no more than 2 people. Weight load for sleds shall not exceed manufacturer's settings or suspension capacity of the sled.
3. We promote safe riding. If you are a first-time rider with no experience on similar equipment, we advise that you ride single at first and do not carry passengers. We do not permit riding alone. One of the basic principals in promoting safe riding is to never ride alone with one sled.
4. All riders and passengers will be required to sign a release of liability to participate in snowmobile program. Lessee will be required to sign rental agreement the day of the rental.
5. Advance Snowmobile Rental Deposit: an advance deposit is required for reservation. A 50% deposit is required to reserve your sled if reservation is made prior to 30 days. Payment in full is required for all reservations made within 30 days or less. Please note that you will lose your rental deposit if you can not provide the token security deposit required listed below for each sled.
6. Cancellation: All cancellations must be made 30 days in advance for full refund. If notified 29 - 16 days prior to reservation, a 50% refund will be processed. We are sorry, no refunds will be given if we are not notified 15 days prior to the reservation. 100% refunds will be given anytime we determine the trails are not rideable.
7. Security Deposit: A token security deposit of $1500.00 is required on MasterCard or Visa and will be refunded back to you, provided rented sleds are returned in the same condition they went out in. Lessee is responsible for damages caused to rented snowmobiles regardless if you were driving or not. A mutual inspection of your rented snowmobile and equipment will be done prior to your departure and upon your return. Any concerns regarding the equipment's condition will be denoted.
Snow Country Sled Rentals * P.O. Box 452 * Medway, Me. 04460
OR (207) 746-7211